Ancilla College is committed to the success of its students. The Admission process takes into consideration a number of criteria for acceptance to Ancilla College. We do not discriminate or use any hidden criteria. All new student applicants to Ancilla College are considered individually.
To ensure your educational success the following guidelines are used to make admissions decisions. The Office of Admissions considers the following as standards for first time freshmen:
High school graduates
- A background of secondary school subjects leading to a college program is preferred: 4 years of English, 3 years of Math, 2 years of Science, and 2 years of Social Studies
- Performance as measured by grades in the above courses
- Cumulative GPA of at least 2.0. Ancilla uses an Academic Index, a “grade point average,” on a 4.0 scale
NOTE: Students who do not meet the above requirements may be admitted if their placement test scores warrant admission.
- GED scores
- All GED recipients must take the placement test to be considered for admission.
The Office of Admissions considers the following as standards for a transfer student:
- College transcript
- Successful completion of college level coursework at a regionally accredited post-secondary institution
- Cumulative GPA of at least 2.0. on a 4.0 scale
- Students with less than a 2.0 cumulative GPA or who were academically dismissed from their last school attended must also complete a petition application for admission through the Office of Admissions
Student Transitions in Educational Performance (STEP)
If a student places into Reading Concepts, DEVE 010, he or she will be enrolled in the STEP program. As part of the STEP program the following guidelines must be followed:
- If a student places into a developmental course the student must enroll in the course(s) during his/her first semester
- Student must enroll in Freshman Foundations
- Student must maintain weekly contact with his/her academic adviser in person, by phone, or email.