Certified Nursing Assistant
Ancilla College has opened a new Nursing Assistant training program enrolling now for classes starting this spring.
Registration for the program is open to anyone over the age of 18.
The class runs from June 30th through August 9th at Ancilla College. Registration for the program is open to anyone over the age of 18.
Classes will be held every Monday and Wednesday evening from 6-10 pm EDT. Clinical/practicum sessions will be held every Saturday beginning at 6am.
Ancilla College is offering a state approved course for CNA training that you can complete in just two months—in 105 hours you can launch a new career and open new opportunities in a fast growing, high employment field. Nursing assistants work in a range of healthcare settings supporting other medical staff in patient care, safety and basic healthcare tasks.
The CNA program is designed for people who want an introduction to healthcare careers and the skills needed to provide safe, effective care in a variety of settings. It can be a great way to get started in the field. With a CNA you can launch a career and work in clinics, hospitals and long-term care facilities. You can also come back for more training and education at Ancilla and pursue a later degree in health science or nursing.
CNA program costs:
$800 tuition fee — covers all classroom and clinical education
Books — $50
Supplies — $20
Miscellaneous — $230 (see below)
Total cost $1,100
You will need:
- Clothing — Nursing scrubs (available in the Ancilla bookstore)
- Age Requirement – You should be at least 18 years old. You should be able to present your certificate of birth and/or other sources of identification and verification of your date of birth.
- GED or High School Diploma – A high school diploma or a GED is suggested, but not required for admission to Ancilla’s CNA program.
- Medical Clearance – The CNA program requires exposure to patients in an actual medical facility
- You need to be physically able to assist people and have validation of required immunizations/vaccines including a TB test.
- Criminal background check. Ancilla College uses Certified Background for your background screen.
- Pass a drug screening test.