STATUS: Full-time, Exempt, 12 month position
SALARY RANGE: Dependent upon experience and educational background
SUPERVISES: No supervisory responsibilities
- Education: This position requires a minimum of a Master’s Degree or equivalent
- Experience: Three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
The Director of Institutional Effectiveness will provide leadership for institutional research and assessment, prepare analytical reports for evaluating student learning, convene focus groups, provide data as needed and oversee the program review process. The Director is responsible for enhancing the student learning assessment program of Ancilla College by working closely with the Dean of Academic & Student Services, the Assessment Committee, Division Chairs, and other faculty and staff to guide the campus-wide assessment process.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides leadership for campus-wide assessment efforts, working with faculty, division chairs, the Assessment Committee, and Dean of Academic & Student Service.
- Work closely with the dean and chairs of the HLC Steering Committee to analyze and interpret data for the self-study report.
- Gather, analyze & interpret data for internal and external data reports, such as:
a) Student learning outcomes reports
b) Dashboard reports
c) Maintain assessment and institutional research data on college website
d) Develop common data set template for external surveys
e) Program reviews & data reports
f) Analyze trends and the impact of the college’s strategic direction on program reviews
g) Design and maintain a database of info for survey research, such as:
- Enrolled Student Surveys & Analysis (e.g. Satisfaction, Climate)
- Alumni/Graduation Surveys
- Attrition/Drop-Out/Stop-Out Surveys & Analysis
- Faculty/Staff Surveys & Analysis
- Provide assistance to college administrators to evaluate impact and provide guidance for future direction in: student learning outcomes; student competencies; benchmarking studies; developing and disseminating data on retention and graduation rates; transfer ready/transfer rates; student standing; persistence-to-goal; developing and analyzing data; instructional costs and space utilization.
- Work closely with college administrators in updating and measuring initiatives of the strategic plan.
- Work closely with faculty in providing and analyzing data for program reviews on a four- year cycle.
- Work closely with the registrar’s office to select and report data for the IPEDS, SIS and other external reports and surveys.
- Represents the college in interactions and in meetings with constituent groups such as the assessment committee, faculty senate, division meetings and others.
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean of Academic and Student Services.
RELATED JOB FUNCTIONS
- Attend conferences and professional meetings to remain current in the field.
- Attend student honors convocation and graduation ceremonies each year.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to foster collaborative relationships with faculty, staff and students in peer institutions and associations. The position is expected to represent the college in a positive, professional manner and to collaborate with academic and student services to contribute to the assessment of student learning and retention.
- Ability to use technologies including SPSS software, the student information system, word processing, database management and spreadsheet programs.
- Willingness to work on a flexible schedule as required (includes occasional evenings and weekends).
- Provide independent action in establishing plans, policies and procedures within a functional area.
Position may require the employee to lift up to 35 pounds unassisted, stand for several hours at a time during work shift, stooping, crouching and bending, and other similar functions while performing essential and marginal job functions. All individuals are required to be able to perform these movements without a significant risk of injury, with or without accommodation, or to otherwise demonstrate or explain how they can perform the functions listed above.