According to a recent report, pursuing a college education is worth it, and the earning gap is widening. The report says, “… a Bachelor’s degree-holder could expect to earn 75 percent more over a lifetime than someone with only a high school diploma. Today, that premium is 84 percent.”
Of course, it’s not all about money. A college education can lead to more fulfillment and a more interesting career. You’ll gain crucial life skills in writing, speaking, critical thinking and problem solving. Those who are active in campus activities experience growth in leadership, teamwork, and social skills.
Why a small college?
Do you want to sit at the back of a large lecture hall and be a number, or do you want your professors to know your name by the end of the first week of class? Because Ancilla is a two-year college, our total focus is on first- and second-year students. With small classrooms and high quality instructors – not teaching assistants – your success is our reason for being!
Ancilla College is Indiana’s only remaining junior college—a two-year institution that integrates academic programs with student life options like men’s and women’s sports and a solid community focus. We’re the most affordable private school in the state. Ancilla College distributes $3.8 million annually in financial aid, including over $400,000 annually in scholarships.
For more about Ancilla, look over our web site, join us on Facebook, and call or email us today to schedule a visit. See how Ancilla can be a great start for you!
Who we are
Ancilla College is a liberal arts institution of higher learning sponsored by the Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ. The College’s religious tradition is Roman Catholic but its climate is ecumenical- open to any person seeking an education and opportunity. Ancilla serves a diverse population with small classes, comprehensive tutoring and personal learning support, and personal interaction. Ancilla College offers 18 different degree programs that transform and empower students to achieve high academic goals, build lifelong learning skills, launch successful careers and pursue values-centered lives.
- We offer Associate’s Degrees that launch a career or transfer to Indiana’s finest universities
- Ancilla offers different pathways to success: 18 different degree programs
- You will not get lost in the crowd: enrollment is under 500 students
- Small, interactive classroom learning: The student-to-faculty ratio is just 9:1
- Graduates: 78% of our students successfully graduate or transfer to continue their education within 5 years.
- Financial Aid: 83% of our students receive some form of aid; $3.8 million awarded to students last year.
- Athletics: 9 NCJAA teams, including men’s baseball, basketball, golf, and soccer; women’s basketball, golf, softball, volleyball, and co-ed cheerleading.
- Activities: Student Ambassadors, Student Government, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, and more
- History: Founded in 1937; sponsored by the Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ
- Location: a rural, wooded campus just 2 miles south of US 30 near Plymouth, Indiana