By Amanda Petrucelli
DONALDSON – Ancilla College is proud to participate in the You Can. Go Back. program initiated by the Indiana Commission for Higher Education. This Learn More Indiana initiative makes it easy for Hoosiers with some college credit to re-enroll in college and succeed.
“We are uniquely set up to assist an Indiana student who took a few college classes and, then, for whatever reason, never completed their degree,” said Vice President of Academic Affairs Dr. Joanna Blount. “We offer online, evening and accelerated courses as well as financial incentives, one-year certificate programs and more to make college attractive to learners looking to step up their career.”
Read more at Ancilla’s website here: ancilla.edu/youcangoback
Ancilla’s professional advisors work with students to review their case individually and match them with the right program. Ancilla’s advisors will develop an academic plan that best fits the student’s goals whether they are a non-traditional learner who has been out of school for years or a typical college-age student who now has family or a career and is looking to restart and step up.
Ancilla College offers courses for all ages. Our classrooms are often filled with students from high-school age through retirement. Ancilla also makes a point of hosting classes on different days of the week and different times of the day to accommodate working and family schedules.
“If you’d like to make a request for additional class times, please contact us!” Blount said.
The following programs and incentives are available to eligible returning students:
- Academic credit for work/military experience using the ACE (American Council on Education) evaluation.
- Prior learning assessment through CLEP/AP/ DANTES testing, departmental exams.
- Evening and weekend classes.
- Military financial benefits as part of the Post 9/11 GI Bill’s Yellow Ribbon program.
- An accelerated eight-week program in Business Administration.
- Fully online associate of science degree program in Behavioral Science.
- Tuition freeze for “You Can. Go Back.” students who maintain continuous full-time enrollment.
- Free face-to-face tutoring.
- Free online writing lab.
- $50 textbook voucher to the Ancilla College bookstore.
- Assigned faculty advisors relevant to your program.
- Career assistance with job preparation, internships and job hunting tips.
- Eight certificate programs.
Ancilla is the lowest cost private college in Indiana, (one of the lowest in the Midwest) and we have flat-rate tuition. We will do everything we can to support your education. We will use your previous school information and your FAFSA information to build a financial aid file and see if you qualify for scholarships and grants.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Chalee Calhoun at 574-936-8898 ext. 330 or 1.866-ANCILLA (866-262-4552) to set up a time to visit campus our counselors who will review your transcripts and build a degree plan based on your background and future goals. We don’t want you to waste time in classes you don’t need.
At, Ancilla, we want you to come to school here, earn a degree here in two years or less, and use your knowledge and skills to launch your career or move up to the next level. It’s not just a slogan: We believe in you.
Ancilla College (www.ancilla.edu), part of The Center at Donaldson, offers 25 associate degrees, eight one-year certificates and has 20 athletic teams. Since 1937, the college has been a sponsored ministry of the Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ. It is a small, private, liberal arts school located two miles south of U.S. 30 on Union Road near Plymouth, Indiana.