Ancilla College is a liberal arts institution of higher learning sponsored by the Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ. The college’s religious tradition is Roman Catholic; its climate, ecumenical. In a caring environment, Ancilla serves a diverse population, as we transform and empower students to achieve high academic goals, lifelong learning, successful careers and values-centered lives.
Ancilla College will be a Catholic institution of higher learning passionate about its outreach and accessibility; its delivery of transformational, progressive and student-centered programs; and its fostering of intellectual, spiritual, and social values in the ecumenical tradition of the Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ.
As a sponsored ministry of the Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ (PHJC), Ancilla College embraces the core values of the PHJCs — Openness to the Spirit, Community, Simplicity, and Dignity and Respect for all — and their belief that these four core values ﬂow from joyful service to all, especially with the needy and underserved.
More information about the Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ is available at the following link: www.poorhandmaids.org
With a strong emphasis on academic excellence, the teaching/learning process, and personalized student service, Ancilla College provides a positive environment for the physical, intellectual, emotional, and spiritual growth of each student. Together these values form a foundation for the general education program established at Ancilla. As a basis for further learning in a student’s educational journey, the introduction to these values opens the way to expand his/her knowledge in a major concentration area. These values provide guidance to decision-making and program development while implying commitment to providing the essential resources for their fulfillment.
- Critical Thinking & Quantitative Reasoning – Identify and solve problems using critical thinking
- Communication: Written and Oral – Create in formal written formats and speak and present information in varied contexts
- Global Awareness – Recognize and critique significant historical, political, social or cultural forces that shape society
- Technology & Information Management – Identify and use appropriate computer and communications technologies
- Personal Responsibility & Professional Development – Articulate ethical values and employ moral reasoning in decision-making
Ancilla College also embraces the Poor Handmaid’s of Jesus Christ’s Core Values.