Ancilla College is committed to the success of its students. The Admission process takes into consideration a number of criteria for acceptance to Ancilla College. We do not discriminate or use any hidden criteria. All new student applicants to Ancilla College are considered individually.
To ensure your educational success the following guidelines are used to make admissions decisions. The Office of Admissions considers the following as standards for international students.
Requirements for International Students
The Office of Admissions considers an international student if: the student is not a United States (U.S.) citizen, permanent resident, or refugee, and is on a temporary visa or requires a visa to student in the U.S. The following are admissions requirements for an international student:
- High school graduation or evidence of credentials comparable to those of the U.S. citizens applying at the same entry level
- Financial Solvency
- English Language proficiency
Please see below for the specifics regarding each admissions requirement.
Admissions Requirements For International Students
- Official proof of high school graduation or evidence of credentials comparable to those of the U.S. citizens applying at the same entry level
- All foreign transcripts must be submitted to a NACES (https://naces.org) approved organization or one of the following agencies showing the equivalence of U.S. high school diploma
- Original transcripts not in English must be also translated
Contact one of the following organizations for assistance in document translation and evaluation:
World Education Services
PO Box 11623, Chicago, IL 60611-0623
Educational Credential Evaluators
PO Box 51407, Milwaukee, WI 53203-3470
Tel: 414-289-3400 / Fax: 414-289-3411
2. Proof of Financial Solvency
- Complete the Financial Certification form
- provide original documentation of adequate financial support for the duration of student’s time at Ancilla College
The Financial Certification form will be sent to the student upon receiving the application for admission along with instructions for filling out the form. The completed form will need to be submitted with the appropriate financial documentation and notarizations.
3. English Language Proficiency
Students entering Ancilla College under an F-1 visa must provide proof of satisfactory English language proficiency. Language proficiency will be waived if an applicant is from a country who lists English as the official language, or has completed secondary school in the U.S. with passing grades in English courses, or is a college transfer who has completed a standard freshman English with a grade of C or higher from a regionally accredited institution.
Accepted tests and scores are*:
- TOEFL (PBT): 550 Paper Based Test
- TOEFL (iBT): 61 Internet Based Test
- SAT: 480 or greater on Verbal portion
- ACT: 18 or greater on English & Reading portions
*Official score reports must be provided to the Office of Admissions.
International Transfer Student Information (if applicable)
If a student is currently attending another I-20 issuing U.S. institution, the student must submit all international admission requirements along with additional following documents:
- Copy of: all I-20’s, passport, and visa
- International Student Transfer Request Form