Getting ready for remote access online learning.
Here are steps you should take right away to ensure you’re ready for classes moving to a remote access format on March 23:
- You must check Brightspace and your @ancilla.edu email regularly for messages about your courses. Please turn on Brightspace notifications.
- If you don’t have internet access, think about other locations where you can access your course materials on the Internet and download them to a thumb drive. Local libraries may also offer internet access. Comcast Communications is offering free for 60 days to students impacted by changes caused by COVID-19. Visit www.internetessentials.com/covid19. If you live in an area not served by Comcast check with local providers.
- Make sure you have access to programs you need to do your work, including email, Office, Brightspace, SAM, Hawkes, and ATI. If you are using a phone or tablet to access course materials, download the Brightspace Pulse app.
- We will be sharing resources to help students prepare for remote learning.
- They can be found here: Online Learning Guide
- Classroom accommodations may need to be adjusted or adapted for a remote access environment. Please contact Services for Students with Disabilities to discuss any adjustments that may need to be made.
- If you do not have these basics, or need some instruction, connect with your professor as soon as possible. Be as clear as possible in the communication about the nature of the problem and what type of assistance you need.
Ancilla’s library is still open and available to students from 8 AM—5 PM Monday-Thursday and from 9 AM—4 PM on Fridays.
Here are E-Mail contacts for other services:
Please know that we will work tirelessly to ensure that this switch to remote learning does not disadvantage any student. We will update information about help with internet access, computer resources, and other questions.