SOAR – Student Orientation and Academic Readiness
Students enrolled in SOAR will:
- Take a 2 credit college course (transferable credits)
- Live in the residence halls with a roommate
- Eat meals in a college dining hall
- Attend up to four different college course lectures
- Become oriented with various offices found on all college campuses
- Participate in social activities throughout the program
Interested students should complete the application to SOAR by Applying Here.
Students are also required to submit a recent high school transcript and Teacher Recommendation Form.
Materials can be emailed email@example.com or mailed to:
P.O. BOX 1
DONALDSON, IN 46513
Acceptance letters will be sent out no later than June 1st, 2019.
Once admitted into SOAR, the program fees must be paid prior to attending.
What to Bring to SOAR
Students should bring:
- Bedding for a twin XL mattress
- Sheets, blankets, pillows, etc.
- Shower linens
- Towels, washcloths, etc.
- Including toilet paper, soap, shampoo, toothbrush, etc.
- School supplies
- Notebooks, pencils, etc.
- Laundry supplies (Free facilities)
- Spending money for any off-campus trips
- Optional: laptop, tablet,
- Optional: electronic entertainment
- Tv, handheld gaming systems, etc.
What does the program cost?
The SOAR program is a one-time cost of $1,595. This competitive pricing is all inclusive of room, meals, college credits, and activities! You do not want to miss out on this opportunity!
The program cost must be paid in full prior to attending SOAR.
Will I earn college credit?
Yes, students will attend a 2-credit course that will transfer into many colleges as a humanities course.
Will there be someone on call throughout the nights?
Yes, a staff member specific to the program will be on call each night. In addition, our campus security office is readily available if anyone should need assistance.
Can someone visit a student during the program?
Although we would prefer that students stay with the group and use their time during the program to make friends and experience college life, guests are permitted during students’ “down time.” However, guests must first be approved by a parent or guardian.
Could I commute instead of staying on campus?
No. Although students at Ancilla College are welcome to commute, this program is designed with a specific objective in mind, and living on-campus is part of that goal.
Are there any scholarships or financial assistance for this program?
Unfortunately not. There are no forms of scholarships or financial aid associated with this program.
Can I have a car on campus?
Unfortunately not. Unlike the Ancilla College school year, which allows cars on campus, the SOAR Program does not permit cars.
If I have additional questions, who can I contact?
Feel free to reach out to Kristen Robson regarding any questions while preparing for the program or during the program. Kristen can be reached at 574-936-8898 ext. 364, or firstname.lastname@example.org.