Welcome to Transfer Pathways!
We understand that sometimes students want more than an Associate’s Degree.
We will help you take your Ancilla degree to the next level. Most Ancilla College courses will readily transfer to four-year institutions in Indiana and across the United States. Additionally, Ancilla works closely with over 20 major colleges and universities on a transfer program that starts incoming Ancilla freshmen working with advisors at the transfer institution to ensure seamless post-associate degree transfer to a four-year school.
Ancilla has established relationships with outreach coordinators at almost every major Indiana College to make sure our students save time and money by attending Ancilla first and then transferring to another school.
The aim of the program is to assist students in building a “pathway” to the baccalaureate degree comprising Ancilla College courses and four-year institutional courses.
Transfer Pathways Schools
Graduates of Ancilla can follow the Transfer Pathway to start the advising and enrollment process at their next college or university. We work with institutions across the country to make your next step as easy as possible.
The Ancilla College Transfer Program is based on close and collaborative transfer relationships with specific four-year institutions. These are listed below along with a brief description of the nature of the relationship:
- Aquinas College -Grand Rapids, MI, direct advising contact
- Ball State University -Muncie, IN, direct advising contact and preliminary acceptance of most Elementary Education, Early Childhood and General Education courses
- Bethel College – Mishawaka, IN-Direct advising contact
- Butler University -Indianapolis, IN, direct advising contact and preliminary acceptance of numerous Ancilla courses
- DePaul University (Ancilla was once an extension of DePaul)- Chicago, IL, accepted 150+ courses
- Dominican University -Chicago, IL, direct advising contact, formal program agreements in selected programs; MOC/MOU signed
- Franklin University -Columbus, OH, general agreement; MOU signed
- Goshen College -Elkhart, IN-direct advising contact; numerous courses accepted
- Grace College -Warsaw, IN, direct advising contact and supplemental scholarship possible; numerous courses accepted
- Holy Cross College -Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN; advising contact pending
- Huntington University -Huntington, IN; MOC signed, direct advising contact and supplemental scholarship may be possible; numerous courses accepted, including most AG, Business and Education courses
- Indiana State University -Terre Haute, IN, 15 courses accepted; contact with ISU advisor required
- Indiana University Kokomo – Kokomo, IN, direct advising contact
- Indiana University South Bend – South Bend, IN, direct advising contact; MOC under review, some courses deemed acceptable (preliminary)
- Indiana Wesleyan University -Marion, IN, direct advising contact, most Ancilla courses accepted in multiple programs
- Manchester University – North Manchester, IN, direct advising contact, most Ancilla courses accepted in multiple programs
- Michigan State University (AG program specific)-East Lansing, MI, direct advising contact at the point of transfer only (as of December, 2015)
- Purdue University (AG program specific)-West Lafayette, IN, direct advising contact, all but one Ancilla AG course accepted for transfer to Purdue; Business courses accepted into the AG program; participation in Purdue Transfer Day; Ancilla College now is an invited member of Indiana Agriculture Institute
- Purdue University Northwest – Hammond & Westville, IN, direct advising contact, preliminary discussion on specific courses, Education, Criminal Justice
- Saint Mary’s College – Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN, direct advising contact, MOC signed, strong commitment to personal advising
- Saint Xavier University – Chicago, IL, direct advising contact(s), numerous courses accepted (preliminary), MOC under review
- Siena Heights College – Adrian, MI-direct advising contact; MOC under review
- University of Saint Francis -Fort Wayne, IN, direct advising contact, MOC signed, numerous courses accepted, historic agreement with Nursing course transferability
- Trine University -Angola, IN, direct advising contact, MOC signed, numerous courses accepted
- University of Evansville -Evansville, IN, direct advising contact, MOC signed, numerous courses accepted; opportunities available for study abroad at the U of E
HarlextonCollege in Grantham, England
- Valparaiso University -Valparaiso, IN, direct advising contact, MOC signed, nearly all Ancilla courses accepted for transfer
- Western Governor’s University -Indianapolis, IN, nearly universal transferability of courses and programs; direct advising contact
- Wheeling Jesuit University – Wheeling- WV, direct advising contact; numerous courses transferable
Ultimate transferability of individual courses will depend on specific baccalaureate program requirements-whether a course is accepted as a major, general education or elective requirements.
Many of these institutions have signed our Memo of Collaboration (MOC) or Memo of Understanding (MOU), which represents their commitment to work closely with Ancilla students from the beginning of their Ancilla College career.
How does Transfer Pathways work?
Students should sign up for the Ancilla College Transfer program in the Student Success Center as soon as
- Identification of Ancilla courses which are acceptable for transfer and/or referral to four-year institutional advisors
- Specific four-year institutional admission requirements and/or referral to four-year institutional advisors
- Any additional requirements including unique four-year course requirements specified by four-year advisors
- Specification of any additional baccalaureate requirements by four-year institutional advisors
- Direct four-year institutional advisor contacts
- Opportunity to participate in Ancilla College Transfer Days
- Selective visits to four-year institution transfer fairs
Why is it important to sign up in the Ancilla College Transfer program?
Past experience shows that the longer students wait to begin planning their four-year program, the more expensive it becomes to achieve the baccalaureate degree. If a student has to attend extra semesters due to lack of planning, it could cost as much as an extra $20,000 per semester.
A key provision of the program is that Ancilla College will assist students in making direct advising contacts with four-year institution advisors in building their pathway to a Bachelor’s Degree.
What is the Indiana Core Transfer Library (CTL) and how does that affect Ancilla College?
Senate Enrolled Act 182 (2013) specifies that the Commission for Higher Education
Private institutions are only invited to participate. While the ICI (Independent Colleges of Indiana) has been advocating
Fortunately, many public institutions are willing to work with private institutions to facilitate transferability and those institutions are included in the list above.
Who decides what Ancilla courses will transfer to a four-year institution?
Normally, the absolute authority for course equivalency resides with the faculty at the four-year institution. Review of courses in a single program not already accepted for transferability may take many months and involve dozens of faculty members. In addition, because academic programs are constantly changing, most institutions will not initiate such reviews until students actually apply to transfer.
Ancilla College faculty and staff have no authority to decide on equivalencies at other schools. Consequently, Ancilla College has focused on early and collaborative advising.
What is Ancilla College Transfer Day and Why Should Students Attend?
Ancilla College hosts four-year institutions for the annual Ancilla College Transfer
Normally, Ancilla hosts at least one Transfer Day annually. Students and faculty will be notified at least one month in advance. Four-year institutional advisors will meet with students at selected stations in Zirkle Commons and in the new residence halls. About 15 to 20 institutions from across the state will normally attend.