Veterinary Nursing Students
Associate of Veterinary Nursing Requirements
Ancilla College is committed to the success of its students. The Admission process takes into consideration a number of criteria for acceptance to the Ancilla College Veterinary Nursing program. We do not discriminate or use any hidden criteria. All veterinary nursing student applicants to Ancilla College are considered individually.
To ensure your educational success the following guidelines are used to make admissions decisions. The Office of Admissions considers the following as standards for
Applications for the Veterinary Nursing program are being accepted now for Fall 2019.
Admissions Criteria & Requirements for the Veterinary Nursing Program
Veterinary Nursing Admission Criteria
- Acceptance into Ancilla College through completing the General Admissions Process
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on 4.0 scale
How Do I Send My Transcripts?
Have your high school transcripts sent from your high school to the Admissions Office. Using one of the below methods is preferred:
- Through Parchment
- Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Final high school transcripts must contain:
- A signature from the high school official
- A graduation date
Submit your official transcripts from all colleges attended
- College transcripts must be official
- Transcripts can be sent:
- electronically (preferred),
- via email (directly from the institution) to: email@example.com,
- by mail or brought directly into Admissions. These transcripts must remain in the sealed envelope with the Registrar stamp or the transcripts are considered unofficial.
Veterinary Nursing Requirements & Application Process
Students applying to the Veterinary Nursing Program must complete the steps identified below. Be sure to note the application deadlines. The program is highly competitive and applications submitted beyond the deadline will not be reviewed until the next admissions semester.
Apply to Ancilla College; request transcripts from high school and all colleges attended (if applicable); have them sent to Ancilla College Admissions Department*. All transcripts will be reviewed by the college registrar under the policies in place at the time of review. You will receive a letter showing which courses will transfer in. You will also receive a letter of acceptance to the college. (Note – being accepted as a general student at Ancilla College does not guarantee admission to the Veterinary Nursing Program).
This application should be completed at the same time as the College application. Veterinary Nursing applications are accepted at any time during the year.
Please click on the 8 Steps for Completion link to see the information needed to complete the Veterinary Nursing Application for Admission. The Application Steps will need to be completed in order (cannot skip from step to step).
The application cannot be reviewed for admission into the Veterinary Nursing Program until all of the above criteria is completed and submitted.
Fall Semester (begins in August)
- New students are accepted into the Veterinary Nursing program once a year, fall semester.
- Review of applications will begin March 1st for the fall semester. New students will continue to be accepted from the beginning date until the cohort is full. You will be notified by email and regular mail of your admission status.
- After the cohort has been filled, the Veterinary Nursing Program will place approximately 5 students who have successfully completed the nursing application process on a back-up list in the event that any admitted students cannot begin the program for the upcoming semester. These students will be notified that the cohort is currently filled, and that they are on a back-up list. Students on the back-up list who are not fully admitted for the upcoming semester will automatically be admitted for the following semester start.
- If an applicant was not admitted or placed on the back-up list for the upcoming semester, their application will be kept on file to be reviewed for possible admission to the following semester.
*Admissions Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Normal Mailing Address: Ancilla College, P.O. Box 1, Donaldson, IN 46513
* Overnight Mailing Address: Ancilla College, 9601 Union Road, Plymouth, IN 46563
Ancilla reserves the right to change, alter, remove and/or amend all procedures, policies, and regulations contained herein at any time, and at the sole discretion of the Administration, whenever such changes are deemed necessary, and without prior notice or cause.